The Hell




I walked into the manor,
My brother by my side.
We were opening a dibbuk box
Known to contain spirit of a bride
My feet wobbled, hands trembled
I neared my brother and grumbled
“Get rid of this already”
The floor was uneven and I couldn’t stand steady
He laughed at me and said
“There are demons in your head!
We have to wait
And lure the spirit with some bate.”
With a piece of meat,
Laid on a white sheet
We sat facing each other
In that horrible place, just me and my brother
I broke the seal and opened the box
A red-figure jumped out
On its hind legs, it crouched
Beady green eyes and large claws it had
Looking at it I felt uneasy and sad
That’s when I realized it was the devil himself
For by opening the box we had called Satan from hell
My brother took out the holy cross, the one thing he hated
And that just made Lucifer more aggravated
With its giant claws, it took his soul
Standing before me it was the devil I behold
I fell to my knees and said
“Tis thee who is the king of the dead
My soul is thy anyway
For now, I plead thou to let me stay
For by staying in this realm O mighty Lucifer
I shall spend this life as your follower.”
Seemingly pleased the devil spoke
“I will forgive thee
But in the land of the dead there is no place for mercy
For in this world thou shall suffer
And every day it will get rougher
For thou is the one who fell from grace
For thou is the one with a terrible fate
For thou is the one who is bygone
For thou is the one to whom the spirits are drawn”
With these final words, he left me to dwell
For that was my devil and this is my hell.
 
By VM


Comments

Post a Comment

Please share and comment on this blog. Your support matters a lot.

Popular Posts