The Teenage Mind



I am feeling elated, Happier than ever 

Negative emotions berated, feeling extra clever. 

Suddenly it all vanished, somewhere into the abyss, 

Suddenly I feel famished, searching for a last kiss. 

Why am I feeling smug, like I'm one of a kind, 

What do you call this drug? It's the teenage mind. 

A rollercoaster of emotion, is suddenly rolling it's eyes 

countless feelings creating commotion, countless truths and lies

Wait why am I feeling dumb, like I can't solve one plus one 

My brain is feeling numb, is my intelligence quota done? 

The theory of relativity? oh physics is a piece of cake. 

The reason for my brain's productivity? The one thing I can't shake. 

I trust you with my life, you are my best friend

Hand me the wheel I'll drive, I'm putting this relationship to an end. 

Sometimes life seems simple, sometimes as confusing as trigonometry

Sometimes my face seems wrinkled, sometimes of perfect symmetry. 

Sometimes I question the point of it all, sometimes just go with the flow 

Sometimes I feel so small, sometimes like an inmate in death row. 

Nothing is permanent, in all this mess

Except my temperament, and this confusing distress. 

So here I repeat to myself, this one simple thought

Put overthinking on a shelf, in the end all will sought. 


-VM

Comments

  1. Absolutely mind blowing!! You're quite a poet, my dear❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow "in the end all will sought " Amazing ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share and comment on this blog. Your support matters a lot.

Popular Posts